- Will the upcoming 2024 sergeant’s part 2 exam be the same as the 2022 detective’s part 2 exam?
No, this test maker is not the same one that did the detective’s exam, and has several different formats for part 2. The level of difficulty for a supervisor exam is much higher! We will review Part 2 in detail at the October 3rd class.
- What is most important to know for Part 1 and Part 2 of the sergeant’s exam?
For the written qualifying test (Part 1), you need to know select directives very well. For the assessment test (Part 2), you need to know what to write to score the most points. You also must practice regularly with the assessment exercises. Bernstein Test Prep will give you that. Whoever does really well on the Part 2 assessment portion, will have a much better chance of getting promoted!
- Will there be significant changes made to improve the sergeant’s exam?
After reviewing a Freedom of Information response, Dr. Bernstein says yes. Dr. Bernstein expects that the changes will be significant! Dr. Bernstein will review everything he knows in the October 2 and 3 classes.
- For the part 2 sergeant’s assessment test, what type of assessment format is the City planning to give?
Again, in a publicly available document, the City said they would like to “pursue the use of a written assessment.”
- How many candidates are eligible to sit for the 2024 police sergeant’s exam?
According to the City, “The estimated number of eligible candidates for the examination is approximately 9,000.”
Click here to register for our CPD Sergeant Promotional Exam Review Course 2023/2024