FAQs – NJ Entry
1. When can I apply for the Civil Service test?
Applications for the NJ Law Enforcement Entry Exam (LEEE) are currently being accepted through March 31st, 2023. Applicants this time must file a separate application for each position they would like to apply for. Civil Service has indicated that the exam is going to be given in the summer. Click here to find the applications for each position
2. Is the NJ Civil Service Commission (CSC) changing their law enforcement entry test again?
3. What is the best way to prepare for this new test?
- Watch Dr. Bernstein’s video which explains the NJ Law Enforcement Entry Exam! Click here for the video
- Register for a Bernstein 2-day test preparation seminar.
- Practice with tests.
- Get email updates right up until your test!
4. What is the difference between the Bernstein Group and others?
|• Dr. Bernstein and his Associates prepare, coordinate, and teach you the strategy.
|• Others try to teach Dr. Bernstein's strategy.
|• Experts in Test Development and Psychological Assessment are part of the training staff.
|• Others have no experts in the field on their staffs.
|• There have been thousands of successful candidates, not only at the entry level, but at all supervisory and management levels of Public Safety including Sergeants, Lieutenants, Captains, and Chiefs.
|• They have shown only limited success at the entry level and even less at higher levels.
|• Training materials and practice tests are yours to keep and review at your leisure. Consultants are always available to address your questions and specific needs.
|• Tests and books cannot be removed from training sessions. They welcome you to look at an overhead projection at limited locations and times.
|• Our field experts teach throughout the country and base their many years of experience on the most up-to-date techniques used in the field.
|• Others use individuals with no formal training and no experience in the field.
|• Email updates and online test questions via the Bernstein Online Learning Center.
|• No online learning center, email updates or online test questions.
5. When are you starting your training to prepare me for the new law enforcement entry exam?
A series of 2-day weekend Saturday and Sunday seminars will be held. Click here for dates/location and to register
6. The Bernstein Test Preparation Training has had the best results of any preparation program. Why is that?
It's the Bernstein strategy for scoring the most points! The Bernstein Program is designed specifically to prepare candidates for the New Jersey Test. We have been doing this type of training throughout the country since 1985. The emphasis is on what you need to know for the test. The preparation is specific to what a candidate should do to maximize his or her score. Most importantly, all candidates are given an opportunity to practice.
7. If it is a new test and it hasn't been given yet, how do you know what's on the new test?
The new law enforcement entry exam was developed by a psychologist. Dr. Bernstein is a psychologist who actually develops these kinds of exams. Again, we do this training all over the country. We are familiar with every exam! You will be 100% prepared.
8. What do I get for signing up in your training?
You will get practice tests, strategies for the new test, and access to Dr. Bernstein directly. You will learn about part 1, part 2 and part 3 of the exam, as well as the oral and background check. When you leave the seminar you will have a notebook filled with practice items and expert strategy tips to work on at home. We have a brand new notebook with updated materials. You will also receive email updates and practice questions right up until the exam! Finally, after you attend the 2-day seminar, you will have extensive additional practice testing online via the Bernstein Online Learning Platform.
9. What kind of law enforcement entry exam will be given?
The law enforcement entry exam is a newly enhanced three part written exam developed by a psychologist. It will involve cognitive ability, personality, and life experience testing.
10. When is the best time to prepare for the test and what can I do now?
11. Can I buy a book online or at the bookstore to prepare me for the test?
No, there are no books to prepare you for the non-cognitive or personality assessment part of the exam.
12. Do you guarantee that I will get a high score?
We guarantee that if you follow our training, your score will definitely increase! Your guarantee is your effort. We will guide you all the way.
13. What is the age limit for law enforcement entry applicants?
The age limit for police applicants is 35.
14. I am older than 35, what other positions can i apply for?
Sheriffs and Corrections applicants may be beyond 35. You may apply for either of these positions.
15. I understand Bernstein students have scored higher on new entry tests than all other candidates, why is that?
16. I understand there are some unqualified people teaching students how to take the entry exam, is this true?
Yes, there are a number of people who try and copy the Bernstein method. Many have no idea what they are doing, and even give the wrong strategy.
Beware of people who charge a cheap price, you get what you pay for. Beware of people not trained in the testing field. Some are police officers, lawyers and plumbers who teach entry test preparation, but don't teach it very well. Others were even students of Dr. Bernstein. If law enforcement is your career goal, you might as well go to the best! Bernstein Test Prep is the best.
Don't risk your career with someone who is not qualified. You can take Bernstein, or take your chances.
17. What can I get at Bernstein Test Prep that others don't provide?
- Dr. Bernstein gives you the best strategy that he personally developed.
- Comprehensive notebook with training materials and practice tests that are constantly updated and are yours to keep.
- Email consultation.
- Oral exam instruction in the seminar at no charge.
- A 35-year proven track record with the best results.
- Access to the top test preparation experts.
- Extensive online testing via the Bernstein Online Learning Center right up until the exam.
- Similar look and feel of the real test.
18. Why should I attend a training program sponsored by Bernstein Test Prep?
You want to go to the BEST! Most of the police, sheriff and corrections officers on the job now have been personally trained by Dr. Bernstein. His program has the most updated material and the highest rating. The new test is largely a personality test, and HE IS A PSYCHOLOGIST!
Also, it's a better investment compared to other preparation courses
19. What is the key to getting a law enforcement job in New Jersey?
The key is you must have a high score on the entry exam!